Our community also benefited from the support of our two foundation offices
NORTON HEALTHCARE FOUNDATION
The Norton Healthcare Foundation awarded more than $4 million in grants for capital, programs and patient financial assistance to the adult-service hospitals, including:
- The purchase of a new Norton Healthcare Mobile Prevention Center
- Establishment of a Genomics Platform and Precision Medicine Program
- Renovation of our diagnostic Breast Center in Norton Healthcare Pavilion
- Funding participation in the HepConnect regional initiative to address the increase in hepatitis C infections
- Purchase of equipment for our Norton Neuroscience Institute telestroke system
- Supporting nurses in obtaining oncology-certified nurse designation
NORTON CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL FOUNDATION
The Norton Children’s Hospital Foundation awarded more than $11 million in grants for capital, programs and patient financial assistance to Norton Children’s Hospital, Norton Women’s & Children’s Hospital and Norton Children’s Medical Center, including:
- Construction of the Jennifer Lawrence Cardiac Intensive Care Unit at Norton Children’s Hospital
- Renovation and upgrades of the neonatal intensive care unit and “Just for Kids” Critical Care Center (pediatric intensive care unit)
- Purchase of a new “Just for Kids” Transport Team ambulance
- Continued funding of Norton Children’s Prevention & Wellness
- Establishment of the Ulmer Family Wellness Program at Norton Children’s Medical Associates – Broadway
- Funding for staff educational opportunities and advanced certifications
Download a PDF of Norton Healthcare’s community benefit for 2019.
Norton Healthcare’s purpose is to provide quality health care to all those we serve, in a manner that responds to the needs of our communities and honors our faith heritage.
We will be the region’s most comprehensive, strongest and preferred health care organization, setting the standard for quality and caring.
At Norton Healthcare, we will:
- Respect every person
- Set the standard for quality and caring
- Continually improve care and service
- Demonstrate stewardship of resources
- Accept accountability for results
- Succeed with integrity
Norton Healthcare’s faith history includes its founding organizations and other faith communities: the Episcopal Church, United Methodist Church, United Church of Christ, Presbyterian Church and Roman Catholic Church.